Thursday, February 2, 2017

Using the same objects to say something else

Flowers and Musk, 26 x 26cm, pastel on paper

Using a slightly bigger piece of paper than I did yesterday, this time I coated some Fabriano with a deeper pale blue acrylic/pastel ground.  One of the things I always have trouble with in a garden is yellow and red flowers together with a backdrop of green grass… so I took out the yellow flowers, changed the background and changed vases. I like to get up close.  I like to find the shapes in the complexity.  I like a richer, deeper palette.  For me, this arrangement works better and there's nothing wimply about it!

The Mall galleries have put what they call 'selected work' up on the website for the the Pastel Society Exhibition.  I am on page six! 
http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/whats-on/exhibitions/pastel-society-annual-exhibition-2017

No comments: