It is one of those grey overcast days and this morning while walking Lyra, it was even a bit foggy.
The hedges were grey-green and milky. This is the first day this week when I have had a whole day to work so I decided to make monotypes, responding to the local Suffolk landscape. One of the chapters I read in the Degas book was about versions and how Degas used the monotype to experiment with different versions of an idea, or to progress through ideas. What's nice is that at the end of the print run I had three very different experiences of the landscape recorded.
I was tied to the bleached colour I saw, though, so in response I collected my effusive bouquet of roses that I cut yesterday evening. I found a recipe online for making your own special sauce so that flowers last a little longer: 1 t bleach, 1 t sugar, 2 t lemon juice + water. So far it's a success and the resulting monotype satisfies me more than the landscape monotypes! You will notice that I used lots of the colours I'd already mixed for the landscapes. I didn't wet the paper and I think these Akua colours are fab!
|Smell the Roses, monotype - Akua Intaglio on paper, 10 x 15cm|