Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Back from Mall Galleries


Pauline and I arrived at the Mall Galleries for the private view of the Pastel Societies' annual exhibition before 5 pm on Monday.  That gave us time to look around and try to find people whose work we admired. I was delighted to find my pastel eye height in the first room, above a pastel I had particularly liked from the catalogue. I had a label with my name on it and the words, exhibitor. Everyone was welcoming and the atmosphere was wonderful.  The room filled so that we were all pressed in to hear Jeanette Hayes (Pastel Society President) and Michael Portillo (Chairman of the Federation of British Artists) speak. 




Talking to Keith Bennett, the artist of the pastel below mine.

Michael Portillo


Spicy Vermillion - pastel on paper, 25 x 23cm,  Feb 2017

Yesterday and today I began making pastels again, with the hope that something will satisfy me enough to enter again next year!

No comments: