Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Exploring light and colour in the Holiday House

Cocktail Hour
I learned from an artist friend when I was young and impressionable that looking for inspiration in the everyday was a way of being with the world.  The intrigue of shapes and colours side by side would keep my occupied, (confused) and curious enough to last me a lifetime. This project, contained within the space that is familiar, known and drawn often is proving that even when I think I know something or there is nothing left to draw, there is always more. And taking on the night light has enlarged things in a different, enchanting direction. Four pages left…
Artificial Light on Table
\
Flowers After Rain

Echinacea and Day Lilies

Lights on with Full Moon

Reading in barn (Toothache)

Night light on Barn and Shed 
While Listening to Rachel
Not Quite Lights Out


No comments: