Monday, January 29, 2018

Basking in Doreen's Glow

Doreen, last drawing, 30 mins, pastel on paper 16 x 16cm
I was in Jane's seat today.  The table is a little small for my stuff but the light is good and the view was great today. I love drawing Doreen. I had prepared lots of pretty pieces of paper for pastel and watercolour last night. I had looked at Birdget Moore and Sargy Mann over the weekend so I was thinking in blocks of colour.  I felt more like myself.
Sue, before Doreen arrived, 5 mins, pastel on paper, 14 x 13cm

 Doreen was a little late so Sue sat for us briefly.  I could have carried on drawing Sue.  Her hair made a nice shape and her colours were delicious! 
a few mins, pastel on paper, 14 x 13cm
It was a bit ambitious to use watercolour in these quick poses but it made me work quickly and insisted that I really look for what was significant.
a few mins 2, pastel on paper, 14 x 13cm

a few mins 3, pastel on paper, 14 x 13cm


15 mins, pastel on paper, 14 x 13cm
I stuck to the same basic palette all morning but mostly avoided line unless it was absolutely necessary.
15 mins 2, pastel on paper, 14 x 13cm

Doreen moving slowly, pastel on altered book page
This was the first drawing of the day and rather than do lots of shapes as Doreen walked around the room I stuck to my initial first minute pose and tried to see the room around her in comparison to the colour of her skin. I think that set me up for my final drawing and was why the room came alive.

No comments: