Monday, February 3, 2020

Emily Loosely

Sue wasn't well so we took turns timing.  Emily struck five and ten minute poses and then moved for about fifteen minutes, holding 3 minute poses.  I've chosen these four from the session. I like the top drawing because I worked differently and think the marks had a kind of energy and looseness I can't always find.

The drawing below feels like Emily and I like the drawing, colours and marks.


My sister has been taking an art class and she sent me an image of a wonderful negative space drawing of a rocking chair she'd made 'for homework'.  I think that was in my mind as I took the side of light blue/grey soft pastel and traced around the figure. I like the way I've broken up the space in this one.


And this one is a little silly but makes me feel like dancing.

No comments: