Sunday, February 18, 2018

Instead of daily pages…


Every morning we walk Lyra, rain or shine in some direction and home.  On Saturday morning there was some spectacular ground fog rising up as the sun began to glow. I took my camera, something I rarely do and took some pictures as we walked, to have reference photos but also to focus my mind on what was special about this day at this time. 

In the past I have drawn from photos by projecting them on the wall.  I've used charcoal when I've done this and have tried to feel as if I was in the place where I took the photo, as I've drawn. This time, I used six dilutions of ink and thought about the value of what i was looking at.  I used postcard sized photos I printed as reference.  the ink is from the Works.  I suspect I should buy something a little stronger, but for this it worked.

I thought about some of the things Neil Pittaway had shown us and talked about and worked at evoking the feel of a dog walk in the morning, not getting bogged down with making things 'right' just finding the feeling.

I worked on the ink sketches (A4 size) around our visit to Tina and Christopher's (for lunch) and again this morning.  On Friday and Saturday my friends were talking about how they use 'daily pages' to begin their days.  We walk Lyra and I think visually and it feeds into what I do. 






No comments: